Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Living With An Alcoholic What Are Some Behavior Roles Children Assume To Cope With Living In An Alcoholic Environment?

What are some behavior roles children assume to cope with living in an alcoholic environment? - living with an alcoholic

I know that I was the fixer. "I always made sure my family was nice that my mom was happy. I took care of her, but she took care of me sometimes. My father was an alcoholic. I have several therapists that I have more than my mother, has spoken to me. My brother was the winner. He wished that his parents are proud of him, no matter what. My younger brother always fought, you might take a bit of pressure was done at home.

Codependency No More by Melody Beattie is a great book that explains the different functions.

3 comments:

itsa_scr... said...

The role of child-investment would be very common with children, parents, brothers and sisters, and attention.

Purpose said...

It is his second address Q:. If Not For You I recommend that you contact a support group called Alanon.

peggy m said...

Try some information can be found here:
www.al-anon.alateen.org
www.kidshealth.org / Teen / your_mind / family ...

We hope that answers all your questions on children in alcoholic homes.

Post a Comment